Shingle Creek Neighborhood Association
PO Box 15656, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Email: email@example.com; Amy Luesebrink, staff, 612-597-9464
SCNA Board Meeting: Tuesday, September 13, at Creekview Park
5001 Humboldt Ave. N., 6:30-8 p.m.
*All meetings are open to the public *All residents are encouraged to attend.
Any requests for special accommodations are welcome.
Contact SCNA staff seven days prior to meeting.
Placing art on City property: Artistic utility boxes, intersections and other projects Neighborhood organizations or other groups may apply to place artworks on City property or within the right of way. The policies related to these applications are outlined in the City’s Public Art Policies and Procedures, for Gifts and Loans and Encroachment Permits, and in other City policies and ordinances on issues such as banner permits, signage, encroachment in the right of way, and special service districts.
The remaining application cycles and deadlines in 2016: August/September. Allow two months for this process. For more information go to ci.minneapolis.mn.us/dca/WCMS1P-083277 or contact Mary Altman City’s Public Arts Administrator.
Grow North Incentive Package to bring jobs and business investment to North Minneapolis
Grow North is a new financial incentive package being offered by the City of Minneapolis aimed at bringing jobs-intensive business investment to North Minneapolis. In addition to existing financing tools and resources available from the City, Grow North offers the following incentives to businesses interested in locating in North Minneapolis:
- Loans for capital investments such as acquisition, building improvements and new construction up to $200,000
- Loan forgiveness at a rate of $5,000 for each North Minneapolis resident hired
- Workforce training and recruitment assistance, and
- Homebuyer down payment assistance targeted to employees of recruited businesses wishing to purchase a home in North Minneapolis through the Minneapolis Advantage program
The proposed incentive package is available to for-profit businesses that commit to:
- Bring at least 40 jobs to North Minneapolis
- 15 new jobs must go to North Minneapolis resident employees in order to qualify for at least partial loan forgiveness
- Pursue a high level of green construction for new construction or building renovations
For info on Grow North or to get info on available sites contact Casey Dzieweczynski (pronounced Jevachensky), Senior Project Coordinator at 612-673-5070.